Earn money by recommending the travel gear you use and love.
Read about the Tortuga Affiliate Program below then apply to join.
Benefits of the Affiliate Program
- 10% commission
- 60-day tracking window
- High average order value of $214
- Award-Winning Products: Tortuga backpacks have been named the Wirecutter's "Best Carry On Travel Backpack" and won Carryology's "Best Carry On" award.
- Free Travel Gear: High-performing affiliates are eligible to receive samples of new products to test and to share with their audiences.
- Free Shipping: US customers receive free ground shipping for orders over $49.
- Common Decency Guarantee: Our warranty covers against defects in materials and craftsmanship for as long as the original customer owns the product.
- No Coupon Competition: You don't have to worry about coupon sites getting credit for your sales or stealing your commissions. We don't have public coupon codes or allow coupon sites into our affiliate program.
- Robust Reporting: We use AvantLink to manage our affiliate program. Their comprehensive reporting makes it easy to see what is working for you.
The Tortuga Affiliate Program vs Amazon Associates
- Better Commissions: Amazon offers 4% commission for luggage. We offer 10% on all our products.
- Longer Tracking Window: Amazon’s cookie window is just 24 hours. Buying luggage is an investment and travelers often take 30 days or more to decide what’s right for them, so our tracking window gives your audience a full 60 days to make up their mind.
- High AOV: Amazon’s travel backpacks are mostly $50 or under. Tortuga's average order value is $214. You get a higher percentage commission on a higher value order.
What We're Looking For
The Tortuga Affiliate Program is an exclusive group of creators, bloggers, gear reviewers, podcasters, publications, and brands that align with our values. When we consider new affiliates, we look at a website’s:
Content: The most successful affiliates already review or recommend travel gear from first-hand experience on a regular basis. Their audience trusts them and comes to them for advice.
While travel and outdoors tend to overlap, our products are designed for city travel so we typically don’t partner with outdoors sites. We also don’t work with coupon sites.
Demographics & Psychographics: Tortuga customers are overwhelmingly Millennials and Generation X, without children, and have disposable income.
The Tortuga customer travels primarily to cities and is interested in exploring other cultures. They seek out the best local cuisine and enjoy finding authentic hidden gems. They would rather own fewer things and have more memories, stories, and friendships. The things they do own are meaningful and high quality.
- Domain Authority & Traffic: In order to provide high quality support, we keep our affiliate program small. We can only consider applications from websites with a Domain Authority of 25+ and monthly visitors of at least 50,000.
- Appearance: If the site is hard to navigate or covered in ads, potential customers won’t have a good experience. We’re looking for sites that are easy to use and enhance a reader’s experience.
What We Expect
When you join the Tortuga Affiliate Program, we encourage you to share your honest experiences. Our customers research products thoroughly before buying. An honest review with pros and cons will generate more sales than a flimsy but glowing review written without real experience using the product.
How to Apply
If you've read what we look for above and believe that you're a good fit, apply to join the program on AvantLink. We typically review applications within one week.
Have a question?